Once you receive your new PAN card (with your new name printed on it), send us the scan copy of your new PAN card to firstname.lastname@example.org. So that we could create and send the Name Change Documents along with a checklist of the required documents:
You can change your name by following these steps (Invested customers):
- A signed copy of your new PAN card (with your new name printed on it)
- A signed copy of your updated address proof (with your new name printed on it)
- Photo Needs to be affixed on the KYC form and cross signature on the photo & at the designated place (Change KYC Form is sent to your registered email id)
- In such cases, name should be updated with the bank records as well. Once your new name is updated with your bank, please get the bank details (confirming the investor name , Bank Branch, Account Number, and Signature) attested by the bank manager with the seal/stamp clearly indicating the name and designation of the bank manager. We will share the format with you.
- Notarized copy of Notification in Official Gazette of India- We can advise you how many notarized copies are required.
- A name change request letter & signed by you.
- Print, sign and mail (or courier) the change KYC , Request letter for name change with other documents back to us, so we can update the information in our records as well as with the mutual fund companies.
- There might be additional documents required if any of the mutual fund houses requests for it (we will keep you posted in case if any).
- It usually takes around 4 weeks to get your new name updated with the KYC agency, all the mutual fund houses where you have invested & with Scripbox
Also, note: once the name is updated with the KYC registration agencies we will have to update the bank details with the mutual fund companies.
Please refer the bank change request process.