Date of last revision: Nov 22, 2017
Scripbox's main goal is to provide features that benefit you directly. Information is only collected if it directly supports features made for you. We take the protection and proper use of your personal information seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information in our possession.
This policy will help you understand the types of information we collect from you, the purpose for which the information is collected; how the information is used; the intended recipients of such information; and how the information is protected. If you would like more details, please contact us at https://scripbox.com/pages/contact-us.
For the purposes of this policy, "personal information" means any information that can be used to identify you personally.
If you are a first-time visitor to Scripbox:
- We don't know who you are.
- We collect technical data about your interaction with the Services. This is data we get from your use of our services. We collect data about your interaction with our website, such as pages visited and average time spent on the website, your internet protocol address, the unique identifier of your device and device information such as operating system, operating system version, browser plugins, crashes, system activity, hardware settings, date and time of your request and referral URL, and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser and mobile application.
- We use this data to analyse how you use our website and improve the services provided through the website;
If you have provided us your email address:
- You are a registered user of Scripbox.
- You may be asked to give us additional information such as your name or mobile number in order to use certain features of the Services.
- You have the choice to use your social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+ to login to Scripbox (“Social Login”). If you choose Social Login, Scripbox will have access to your name and email address only.
- We collect technical data about your interaction with the Services.
- We use all the collected data to:
- Respond to your queries about the Services;
- Deliver to you any notices, alerts, or communications relevant to your use of the Services;
- Offer you other products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. You have the option to opt-out of receiving such communication;
- Aggregate your anonymised information with information from other registered users to perform market research, project planning, product development, troubleshoot problems, analyse user behaviour, marketing purposes, and promotions;
Your email address is used to send you updates regarding the Services. You can select what communication you'd like to receive from us by modifying your account settings after you login to your Scripbox account.
We may also use your information to verify your identity in the event you contact us for assistance with the site or services.
We use cloud-based software tools to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include, maintaining databases and servers, processing text messages, phone calls, chats and emails, and marketing and sales analytics. A full list of our third-party service providers is available at https://scripbox.com/pages/company. Please note that these providers are bound by the same standards of data security practices and procedures as we are under law and contract.
Scripbox uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to report on user interactions with our web-based services. These cookies store non-personally identifiable information.
Google Analytics aggregates technical data (non personally identifiable data relating to your usage of our website) with data collected from other Scripbox users. We use this information to identify the most popular areas of the Services and how to best present and customise them.
We may use the unique identifier of your device for security purposes to track suspicious activity. For instance, if we detect that your Scripbox is being accessed from multiple devices, we may contact you to ensure that you have authorised such access.
Under no circumstance will your email, password, any personal financial data be collected by or shared with Google Analytics.
For more information about how Google handles technical information, please visit the site, "How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps", ( located at: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners ).
Your personal information is yours. Under Indian law, you have the right to ask us for a readable copy of all your personal information stored with us.
If you have any questions about the accuracy or safety of your information, please do contact us at the address given below:
Simply put, under no circumstance will we sell or rent your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
If, at any time, you choose to invest in mutual funds through Scripbox, you will be asked to open an investment account with Scripbox.com India Private Limited, a distributor of mutual funds registered with the Association of Mutual Funds of India (ARN-84967). At that time, your information will be shared with Scripbox.com India Private Limited. You will see this when certain fields on the investment account opening form are pre-filled based on information you have already provided us.
Just like any other financial services company, we use authorized third party service providers who are bound by the same standards of data security practices and procedures as we are under law and contract. They are subject to the same penalties as we are for the unauthorised disclosure of your personal information.
However, under Indian law, Scripbox remains liable to you, our customer, for any unauthorised disclosure of your sensitive personal information.
Scripbox follows industry best practices, using open and known principles when transferring and storing your data.
We believe the biggest threat to the security and privacy of your data is if someone – probably someone you know – gains access to any of your devices. Remember to keep your password safe and secret to prevent unauthorised access to your Scripbox account.
If you think that the security of your Scripbox account has been compromised, change your password and contact us immediately for further assistance.
Your data is transmitted between your device and our servers using HTTPS protocol for encryption. HTTPS is the same technology used to create secure connections for your web browser, and is indicated by a padlock icon in your browser.
We are bound by the (Indian) Information Technology Act, 2000, and comply with all its provisions (available here). Under Section 43A of the (Indian) Information Technology Act, 2000, Scripbox.com and all its service providers are obliged to maintain reasonable security procedures to safeguard your data. Should there be any accidental disclosure of your personally identifiable personal information, you have the right to compensation from Scripbox.
Under Regulation 5 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011, we are obliged to provide every registered user of Scripbox with a readable copy of the personal information you have provided us. If you would like a copy, do get in touch with us at the address provided above.