- What is PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
- Objectives of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- Eligibility For PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- Exclusion From PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- Operational Flow of PM-Kisan Yojana
- Long Term Benefits
- Application Process for PM-Kisan Yojana
- How To Register For PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
- What are the Documents Required For Registration?
- What are the Reasons for Rejection of Application?
- Things To Remember
What is PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is a Central Sector Scheme that offers income support to landholding farmers’ families in India. This scheme provides farmers with additional financial assistance to help them purchase various agricultural and associated inputs as well as meet their home requirements. All landholding farmers’ families with cultivable fields receive income support from PM-KISAN.
The Central Government of India contributes 100% of the funds for this program. Its goal is to help farmers meet their financial needs for agricultural inputs in order to ensure proper crop health and output. The State Government and the UT administration determine which farmer households are eligible for financial assistance under the scheme’s parameters. The beneficiaries receive the funds directly in their bank accounts.
All small and marginal farmers receive basic income support of up to Rs. 6000 per year under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. All landholding farmers’ families receive a financial benefit of Rs. 6000 per year under the PM-KISAN Yojana scheme. This amount is due in three equal monthly installments of Rs. 2000 each.
Objectives of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
Farmers are an important element of India’s economy, and agriculture is one of the country’s most important sectors. Farming communities, on the other hand, have frequently struggled financially due to socio-economic gaps that exist between urban and rural areas of the country. Since India’s independence, this has been a problem for the majority of the country’s population.
The Government of India has worked tirelessly to solve this social and economic issue through a variety of projects aimed at uplifting such neighborhoods. The Government of India introduced the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana in 2018 to assist these communities. On August 9, 2020, the Indian government released the sixth installment of this scheme, reaching roughly 8.5 crore farmers. This effort aims to benefit roughly 125 million farmers in India, primarily those of marginal or small status, according to its goals.
The PM-KISAN scheme intends to supplement SMFs’ financial needs for various inputs to achieve proper crop health and yields, which are comparable with expected farm revenue at the completion of each crop cycle. This would also safeguard them from falling into the hands of moneylenders in order to fulfill such bills, allowing them to continue farming.
Eligibility For PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
The following are the eligibility criteria under the yojana:
- The beneficiary seeking financial assistance is a resident of India
- Such applicants are small and marginal farmer families. A farmer family includes a husband, wife, and minor children. Husband, Wife, or children cannot claim the benefits separately. In the case of Joint Ownership of land by different related families, then they will be eligible if their shares are less than 2 Ha.
- The farmer family owns up to 2 Ha of cultivable land that can be used for agriculture operations. The total of all land in different revenue villages must be less than 2 Ha. The land may be located in an urban area as well as a rural area.
Exclusion From PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
The following are specifically excluded from being eligible for the scheme:
- Any institutional landowner
- A farmer family that belongs to any of the following categories:
- Holding constitutional posts either in the present or in the past.
- Present and former Minister, Member of Parliament, Member of Legislative Assemblies or State Legislative Councils, Chairpersons of Municipal Corporations, Chairpersons of District Panchayats, Mayors of Municipal Corporations, Members of Lok Sabha or Rajya Sabha.
- Every retired and serving employee and officers of Central or State Government Ministries or Offices or Departments and its field units or Central/State PSEs and attached offices or autonomous institutions under government and employees of the local bodies. (Excluding Class IV/Multi Tasking Staff/Group D employees)
- Every pensioner who receives a monthly pension in excess of Rs 10,000. Such a category of pensioners does not include Class IV/Multi Tasking Staff /Group D employees.
- All taxpayers who have paid income tax in the last assessment year. This would imply that the income earned during such an assessment year is more than the basic exemption limit.
- Professional individuals who are carrying out their profession by practice such as lawyers, doctors, chartered accountants, engineers, architects, and so on.
- Tenants Encroachers entered in Dag Chitha
Operational Flow of PM-Kisan Yojana
The following is the operational flow of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana for payment to beneficiaries:
- The State Government uploads farmer details on the PM KISAN portal. The system validates the records of the farmers for authenticity, junk data, and duplicity in records.
- Accepted data is sent to PFMS for the account number and type validation of the farmers.
- The final list of beneficiaries is sent back to the State Governments for final approval to ensure the farmers receive a timely and assured benefit.
- On receipt of approval, the eligible record is available to the department for generation of Request for Fund Transfer (RFT)
- The signed Request for Fund Transfer (RFT) is then sent to the PFMS. This is done to ensure that they are able to generate the FTO.
- The DAC&FW will sanction the FTOs. They will then sent it as sanction orders.
- The scheme pays the monthly amount to the farmers and provides the beneficiary list on the portal
Long Term Benefits
- Reduction in farmer distress
- Protection of living standards and promotion of asset ownership
- Break in the vicious cycle of intergenerational poverty
- Accelerating progress towards SDGs
- WTO compatible (Green-box Support)
- Income Support is crop neutral; hence superior to Price Support
- Protection against income loss from agriculture
- Access to goods and services in case of market failure
Application Process for PM-Kisan Yojana
You can apply for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana through any of the following ways:
- You can register by visiting the nearest Common Service Centres (CSCs) and paying a nominal fee for the registration.
- As an eligible farmer, you can do a self-registration on the PM Kisan official website by visiting the farmer’s corner. If you apply through this website then you can check the status here as well.
- You can approach the PMKSNY nodal officers for offline registration. Each of the State Governments will select the PMKSNY nodal officers.
- Alternatively, you can make an offline registration through local revenue offices, patwaris, agencies assigned for this purpose.
How To Register For PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
- Go to the Official PM KISAN portal.
- Scroll down to the ‘Framers Corner’ section. Select ‘New Farmer Registration’ from the drop-down menu.
- The page titled “New Farmer Registration Form” will appear. The farmer’s registration status will be checked on the registration page.
- The farmer must select the ‘Rural Farmer Registration’ or ‘Urban Farmer Registration’ option. Enter the Aadhar Number, state from the drop-down list, captcha. Click the ‘Search’ button to verify his or her identity.
- If the farmer’s information isn’t located in the database, the page will display a confirmation and prompt you to register yourself. The farmer must select the ‘Yes’ option.
- The farmer must fill out the personal and banking information on the registration form. Click the ‘save’ button.
- The farmer must complete the registration procedure by following the directions on the page.
What are the Documents Required For Registration?
If you are registering online then you need to provide a scanned photocopy of the following documents. However, if you are registering offline then you must attach these documents along with your application form.
- Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of ownership of the agricultural land
- Details of a bank account including bank name, account number, branch name, and IFSC code.
What are the Reasons for Rejection of Application?
The PM KISAN plan might reject the application for a variety of reasons. Some of the most prevalent reasons include:
- Your name entered on the PM KISAN portal upon registration does not match the name on the bank account.
- The installment is unable to reach the account due to mistakes in the bank’s data, such as the IFSC code and account number.
- The inability to receive the installment money could be due to a discrepancy in the names on the Aadhar card or pan card.
Things To Remember
- Under the system, there is no differentiation between rural and urban cultivable land. As a result, the system covers both farmers in rural and urban areas, provided that the lands in urban areas are actually under cultivation.
- The scheme does not include agricultural land that is used for non-agricultural uses. Farmers with cultivable land utilized for agricultural purposes are the only ones who can benefit from the scheme.
- On the PM KISAN site, you can amend or change the information you provided during registration.
- You must prove the ownership of the land very clearly without any dispute.
- The state or UT government is fully responsible for determining which farmers’ families are eligible for benefits under this scheme. Upon the farmers’ registration on the PM KISAN portal, the existing record of lands or land ownership systems in various states or UTs would be used to identify and shortlist the beneficiaries to whom the benefits under this scheme will be transferred.
- On the official PM KISAN webpage, the government publishes a list of PM KISAN beneficiaries. You can check their PM Kisan status by registering on the platform.
- Now register via the PMKISAN mobile app, which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store. You can get the PMKISAN mobile app from the Google Play Store or go to the PM KISAN website on their phone. Now, click on the ‘Download PMKISAN Mobile App’ option in the ‘Framers Corner’ area.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)
- Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY)
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Saksham Yuva Yojana
- Samarth Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Multiplier Grants Scheme
- Ujala Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY)
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Mandhan
- Startup India Scheme
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY)
- Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Aspire Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)
- Credit Guarantee Scheme For Startups
- Startup India Seed Fund Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana (PMYY)
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK)
- Stand Up India Scheme
- ECLGS Scheme
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
- Digital India Scheme
- Sankalp Scheme
- Samagra Shiksha
- Skill India
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Antyodaya Yojana (DAY)
- Credit Guarantee Scheme for MSE (CGSMSE)