Aadhaar has become an important identity document for Indian citizens in recent years. The central government is integrating the Aadhaar URN into several government initiatives to guarantee that only qualified persons benefit from the schemes. To benefit from all of these services, you must have an Aadhaar Card, such as the benefits of a pension plan, subsidy benefits, banking services, taxation services, education, healthcare, a job, and other services.
Scripbox Recommended Goals
Plans that will help you to achieve your life goals across multiple time frames.
What is URN?
Update Request Number (URN) is a term that refers to the number assigned to a request to be updated. This is a 14-digit number that is created after a user completes the process of updating his/ her Aadhaar Card’s Demographic or Biometric data.
Residents can now generate URNs either online or offline. This URN is also delivered through SMS to the user’s registered mobile number when they update their Aadhaar Card information.
It is imperative for you to keep your URN safe since you will need it to track the Aadhaar Status. If you lose the URN, you will not be able to know the outcome of your request for updating Aadhaar data.
How To Check Aadhaar Update Status using URN?
With the help of the SSUP site, checking the URN status has become a painless task. You can check your Aadhaar URN status online by logging into the SSUP portal from anywhere and at any time. If you don’t have access to a computer or an internet connection, you can get information from the Aadhaar Enrolment Center.
The following are the ways to check your URN status online: –
- To access the self-service portal, go to the official Aadhaar portal and click on the link. For instant status updates, click on this link: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/check-status
- Fill in the Aadhar number and URN number in the respective column.
- Enter the details correctly and double-check them before proceeding. If you do not enter the details correctly then you will not be able to check the Aadhar URN Status.
- Then, in the “Captcha Verification” section, type the CAPTCHA text and click the “Check Status” button.
- You may view your URN Status Online by clicking the ‘Check Status’ button.
Types of URN Status Results
The information on the result page will provide you with a clear idea of your update request’s status. There are three possible outcomes:-
- Successful – This indicates that the your Aadhaar Update request has been approved. The modifications requested by the you have been successfully implemented on the Aadhaar Card. As a result, you will receive a copy of the updated Aadhaar on your email. You can also access the portal to download their updated Aadhaar.
- Under Process – The status ‘Under Process’ indicates that the changes requested by the you must still be authorised. You must verify the status again after a few days in such circumstances.
- Rejected – The status ‘Rejected’ indicates that the requested amendments were turned down. As a result, if you want to amend any information on his Aadhaar Card, he must submit a new request.
Reason for Rejection
The UIDAI may deny a request to update an Aadhaar in particular instances. The reason for rejection would be visible on the result page itself.
The following are the most common reasons for cancellation of your request: –
- You uploaded an incorrect Proof of Address (PoA) or Proof of Identity (PoI). You must first check the UIDAI portal for a list of documents and then upload the documents.
- The information provided by you is erroneous.
- You have not submitted the self-attested documents.
- While filling out the application form to update Aadhaar information, the resident makes typographical errors.
- The documentation that you have submitted is insufficient.
Even the UIDAI has the authority to reject a URN for whatever reason it sees fit. If your URN is refused, you can always apply again.