Mutual Funds better than PPF
Investing in ELSS funds recommended by Scripbox would get you returns of 12% p.a.
Here are the shortlisted funds by Scripbox
What is the Public Provident Fund (PPF)?
The Public Provident Fund PPF scheme is a popular investment scheme that allows the investors to maintain a retirement corpus by contributing towards the account either by making monthly or lump-sum payments.
PPF scheme has a mandatory lock-in period of 15 years during which the investors cannot close their accounts. However partial withdrawals are allowed from the 7th year subject to certain conditions.
With the attractive interest rate that it offers, along with the tax benefits under section 80C of the Income Tax Act, PPF has become a safe-haven for investors. Furthermore, investors allowed the facilities of loans, an extension of account in blocks of 5 years, etc.
Below are few of the features of HDFC PPF account:
- It offers an attractive Interest Rate of 7.1% that is fully exempt from tax under Section 80C. The amount invested is allowed as a deduction, the interest earned and maturity amount is tax-free
- The rate of interest is dependent on the rates declared by the Government of India.
- Good long term investment for 15 years.
- The account can be extended for a block of 5 years after maturity.
- The minimum deposit amount of Rs 500/- and maximum of Rs 1,50,000/- in a Financial Year. Any amount invested above that will not qualify for tax benefits.
- If the minimum amount of Rs 500/- is not deposited in any financial year, a penalty of Rs 50/- will be charged.
- It provides the facility of issuing and updating the passbook to the customers
- It also provides the option for a loan facility and partial withdrawals. 50% of the balance can be withdrawn after the expiry of 5 years, excluding the first year itself.
HDFC PPF Interest Rate 2020
The PPF account interest is paid on the amount standing in the investor’s account. The PPF rate of interest is reviewed by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India every quarter and over the past several years the return has been witnessing a downtrend.
As per PPF rules, the interest is calculated on a monthly basis but is credited to the HDFC PPF account at the end of the year on March 31st. PPF interest is compounded annually at the prevalent PPF interest rate of return
Below is a table summarizing the PPF rate of returns history:
How to Use the HDFC PPF Calculator?
Our HDFC PPF account calculator is an online tool that provides an estimate of interest earned, maturity value for a given amount invested and investment period. An estimation of the total corpus created at the end of the investment period helps you know whether the investment option chosen matched with your financial goal or not.
Steps to use the online PPF Calculator HDFC:
- Visit our website.
- Enter the amount to be invested.
- Enter the period of PPF investment.
Once the above details are entered, the HDFC PPF calculator will provide you with the total corpus created at the end of the investment period.
Mrs. Aditi wants to estimate the maturity amount for his yearly investment of Rs 12,500 per year for 15 years
She can quickly get an estimate by using our HDFC PPF calculator 2020. The estimated maturity amount is Rs 43,98,642 and the wealth gained is Rs 21,48,642.
HDFC PPF Investment Schedule
Below is the HDFC PPF investment schedule that an HDFC PPF investment calculator shows of opening balance, the amount deposited, interest earned and closing balance if you invest Rs. 1,00,000 yearly for 15 years (assuming interest rate to be 8.0%)
How does the PPF Calculator HDFC help you?
PPF scheme calculator is a simple and handy tool that helps you calculate PPF returns you can earn by making a contribution towards PPF.
As per PPF rules, the investors can make an investment of a minimum Rs. 500 and up to a maximum of Rs. 1,50,000 in a year and claim the tax benefits for the same.
The investment can be made either monthly or in a lump sum. HDFC PPF calculator helps you calculate PPF estimated returns according to the amount invested by you and the lock-in period selected by you.
Below are a few benefits of the HDFC PPF calculator:
- Enables you to evaluate various cases with the change in investment amount.
- Shows you the total invested amount according to the tenure.
- It shows you the total interest earned after maturity.
- Displays the total amount you will receive after the account matures