ICICI PPF Calculator
ICICI Public Provident Fund (PPF) is a Government-Backed Scheme launched by the National Savings Institute. The interest on PPF is announced every quarter by the Ministry of Finance. For the current quarter ICICI PPF interest rate is 7.1%. Interest and wealth accumulated on PPF can be estimated using PPF Calculator ICICI.
Mutual Funds better than PPF
Investing in ELSS funds recommended by Scripbox would get you returns of 11.25% p.a
Here are the shortlisted funds by Scripbox
What is ICICI Public Provident Fund Account?
Public Provident Fund is one of the post office savings schemes. The government backs the PPF and was launched by the National Savings Institute. Therefore, returns from these are guaranteed. The interest rate on ICICI PPF account for the current quarter is 7.1%. Interest payments for PPF investments are made on 31st March every year.
However, the interest is computed monthly on the PPF balance between 5th and 30th of every month. ICICI PPF investments have a 15 years lockin period. Furthermore, one can choose to extend the scheme in blocks of 5 years. Therefore, PPF is a good investment option. The account also provides capital protection along with risk-free and guaranteed returns.
ICICI PPF Interest Rates
ICICI PPF interest for this quarter is kept unchanged at 7.10%. PPF interest payments are made on the 31st of March every year. The interest rates are announced by The Ministry of Finance every quarter. PPF interest is calculated on the PPF account balance. The interest is calculated on the minimum balance in an investor’s account between the 5th and 30th of every month. Hence, if investors are depositing in PPF every month, it is advised that they do it before the 5th of that month to earn a higher interest.
Interest on PPF is exempt from taxation. PPF falls under the EEE category. Hence the investment, interest, and maturity amount are exempt from tax.
What is ICICI PPF Calculator?
ICICI PPF calculator helps in estimating PPF returns. One can determine the potential returns of an ICICI PPF account by entering data inputs such as yearly investment amount and duration of the investment. On the basis of the input, the calculator computes the potential returns. It determines the wealth gained through PPF investments. The ICICI PPF calculator automatically computes the maturity amount and also the wealth gained from the PPF investment.
The PPF calculator requires the following inputs.
- Yearly Investment: The amount an individual wishes to invest in a PPF account in a year.
- Duration of Investment (in years): It is the investment tenure. PPF account has a lockin period of 15 years and investors who wish to extend their investment can do so by a block period of five years.
- Current Interest Rate (%): Time to time, Scripbox updates its calculator with the current interest rates.
With the given inputs, the PPF calculator determines the following values:
- Total Investment: It is the sum of all the yearly investments until the end of the investment tenure.
- Wealth Gained: It is the total amount gained during the investment tenure.
- Maturity Amount: Maturity amount is the total amount one can expect from their PPF investments. In other words, it is the value that one can expect at the end of their investment tenure.
How to Use the ICICI PPF Calculator?
Scripbox’s ICICI PPF calculator is available online and is free to use. One can determine potential PPF returns using this calculator. Firstly, one needs to visit the website to determine their potential returns from PPF investments.
Let us understand how to use Scripbox’s ICICI PPF calculator with the help of an example.
Mr Krishna would like to determine his potential returns from PPF investments. The yearly investment amount he wishes to invest is INR 1,50,000 and for a tenure of 15 years. The current PPF interest rate is 7.1%.
The calculator estimates the following:
- Total Investment: INR 30,00,000
- Wealth gained: INR 36,58,288
- Maturity value: INR 66,58,288
Therefore, Mr Krishna’s potential return from PPF investment is INR 66,58,288 by the end of his investment tenure.
Benefits of ICICI PPF Calculator?
Following are the benefits of ICICI PPF calculator.
- Estimates the wealth gained: The calculator helps in estimating the wealth gained from an ICICI PPF account. It also estimates the maturity amount at the end of the PPF tenure.
- Fast and accurate: The calculator is quite fast in computing the results. Moreover, the calculator estimates the wealth gained accurately as per the inputs provided. However, the ICICI PPF calculator doesn’t guarantee any return. It only estimates potential return from a PPF investment.
- Helps in managing finances better: By knowing how much can one earn from an investment in PPF, one can make more informed decisions with respect to investing.
- Easy to use: The calculator is a simple tool and quite easy to use. All one has to do is enter their investment amount per annum and the tenure of investment. The calculator estimates the total investment amount, wealth gained and maturity amount. Moreover, the calculator also suggests alternatives to PPF.
Frequently Asked Questions
To open a PPF account, one can submit the documents required at ICICI bank. Alternatively, an investor can invest in PPF through ICICIC internet banking of ICICI banks.
PPF investment has a tenure of 15 years. The scheme matures after this period. However, investors can partially withdraw their investments before maturity subject to few withdrawal rules.
-Premature PPF withdrawal is allowed only after completion of 5 years from the date of account opening.
-The PPF withdrawal amount is limited to lower of 50% of the balance at the end of 4th year or the preceding year. The same will be credited to the investor’s savings account.
Premature closures of PPF account are allowed with a 1% penalty on the interest and only on the following conditions:
1. The account has completed five years from the account opening date.
2. The investor or their spouse or dependent is suffering from a life-threatening disease. The necessary documents for the same have to be submitted.
3. Suppose the account holder is going for higher education and needs the money to pay for tuition. A proof has to be submitted for the same.
4. When the account holder is changing their residency status.
5. PPF maturity period is three years, and the investor can choose from any of the three options.
Opt for complete withdrawal and withdraw the entire amount.
6. Extend the scheme without contributions. The investor will earn interest on the same till the account is closed.
7. Extend the scheme with contributions. However, this is only possible in a block of 5 years. Also, there is no limit on the number of times the extension is opted for.
Yes, one can take a loan against their PPF investment. Following are the rules for taking a loan on PPF investment.
Loan facility is available only between third and fifth year.
Only 25% of the deposit amount at the end of the second year can be taken as a loan.
The second loan can be taken at the end of 6th financial year, subject to full payment of the previous loan.
One can avail the loan facility on the bank’s website.