People are looking forward to the auspicious occasion of Dhanteras to invest in Gold and other precious metals as the festive season begins this year. The Dhanteras will be celebrated on October 22nd and 23rd, 2022, while Diwali will be celebrated on October 24th, 2022. The auspicious day of Dhanteras marks the start of Diwali, the festival of lights. Devotees pray to Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Kuber on this day, also known as Dhantrayodashi.
Dhanteras occur on the thirteenth lunar day of Krishna Paksha when worshippers worship the Goddess Lakshmi and Gods of Wealth, Lord Kuber. According to Hindu mythology and belief, Lord Kuber and Goddess Lakshmi emerged from the churning ocean of milk with a pot of gold. In India, many people plan their cash requirements beforehand to buy gold on Dhanteras 2022.
- Dhanteras will be celebrated on: 22nd and 23rd October, 2022
- Observed as: Birth anniversary of the God of Ayurveda
- Things to buy: Gold & Silver
Why is it Auspicious to Buy Gold on Dhanteras 2022?
Dhanteras is considered favorable for purchasing gold and silver because it represents wealth and prosperity. The Hindus see this day as extremely important and significant.
To understand why Dhanteras is considered as an auspicious day to buy gold and silver let us go back in time to our Hindu mythology.
According to legend, King Hima’s daughter-in-law shielded her son from the God of Death, Yamraj. In the shape of a snake, he crept into the room. At the door, King Hima’s daughter-in-law placed gold jewellery, silver money, and diyas. This was an attempt to prevent the snake from entering. The jewellery and diyas glistened brightly, blinding the snake. This invalidated the king’s son’s prediction that he would die on the fourth day of his marriage. Since then it is believed that buying gold and silver on Dhanteras will keep evil and death away. Moreover, people also believe that buying gold and silver on Dhanteras will bring prosperity and wealth to their lives.
To obtain Goddess Lakshmi’s blessings, gold is kept in puja and archana. To ward off any early death in the family and spread light and happiness, Yamadeep initiated a custom of lighting a lamp outside the house.
Auspicious Time To Buy Gold on Dhanteras 2022
The Dhanteras happen on the thirteenth lunar day of Krishna Paksha when devotees worship Lord Kuber and Goddess Lakshmi.
As per the Drikpanchang, Hindu calendar, the puja muhurat will start from October 22, 2022 – 07:01 PM to 08:17 PM.
On Dhanteras people must avoid buying the following items. It is believed that buying these items on an auspicious day may bring bad luck for the entire year.
- Any material made of glass or plastic or both
- Sharp items like knife, nail cutter, scissors, etc
- Oil and ghee
- Any item made of iron like cars, iron utensils
Gold Price Range in October 2022
Gold’s price is affected by a number of factors, including supply, demand, inflation, import duty, interest rates, government reserves, price sensitivity, and investment behavior. The current price of gold in India takes into account both current and future demand and supply of the precious metal. Gold prices are set daily at 3 p.m. IST and 7.30 p.m. IST at the London Bullion Market Association. The gold price range for September 2022 is shown below.
|Gold rate – September 2022||24-carat 10 gram gold rate||22-carat 10 gram gold rate|
|Highest rate||Rs 51,160||Rs 46,900|
|Lowest rate||Rs 49,960||Rs 45,800|
|Price Change (%)||+0.34%||+0.32%|
Popular and Trusted Brands To Buy Gold on Dhanteras 2022
Tanishq, one of India’s biggest jewellers, has also announced Dhanteras deals. It attracts its existing and prospective customers to buy gold on Dhanteras 2022 with its offers. Purchases of gold and diamond jewellery, as well as Tanishq’s Mia collection, are eligible for up to a 20% discount. The Dhanteras collection offers 28 designs in the gold coin collection. Furthermore, the festive offer under Har Nayi Shuruat Ki Pheli Diwali offers up to 20% off on making charges on gold and diamond jewellery value.
Candere’s Kalyan Jewellers online store is offering a variety of offers to its customers. To begin, there is a 50% to 100% discount on gold and diamond jewellery-making charges. Users can obtain a 40% discount on platinum jewellery-making charges and a 100% discount on diamond jewellery-making expenses. Those who purchase gold jewellery worth Rs 1,00,000 or more would save 60% on making expenses. In addition, the jeweller is offering a 10% double gold rate protection.
This Diwali, Kalyan jewellers are offering SPIN and WIN offers. Where you can spin the wheel to avail exciting offers like INR 10,000 in Promo Wallet, Diamond Pendant worth INR 10,000, INR 5,000 in Promo Wallet, etc. Furthermore, the store is offering up to 100% off on diamond jewellery-making charges plus 3% instant bank discount on debit and credit cards purchased from all leading banks. Also, Kalyan Jewellers are offering free gold coins on every purchase of above INR 25,000 (T&C Apply). The store is also offering express delivery during the Dhanteras festive season.
Senco has announced Dhanteras Shagun and Dhanteras Online offers on jewellery purchases. The company is offering the following:
Dhanteras Shagun: In Store
- Gold Jewellery: INR 100 Off on gold rate, and flat 15% off on making charges
- Diamond Jewellery: Up to 10% off on diamond value, and up to 75% off on making charges.
- My DigiGold: On purchase of 1gram of My Digi Gold you get 3X (99.9% pure) My Digi Silver Free.
- Gold Jewellery: Flat 25% off on making charges
- Diamond Jewellery: Up to 100% off on making charges
- Platinum Jewellery: Flat 25% off on making charges
- Silver Items: Flat 15% off on making charges
- Plus, assured 1 gram 22 carat gold coin on purchase of jewellery above INR 2,00,000.
- Additionally, Up to 5% Cashback on HDFC Bank Debit/Credit Cards (Minimum Transaction Amount of INR 20,000 and Maximum Cashback INR 5,000 valid once per card)
Malabar Dhanteras and Diwali gifting offers include gold coins, jewellery in diamonds, gold, and gemstones. The online exclusive offer of Malabar assures gold coins on
- Every purchase of gold jewellery worth INR 30,000 and above (free 150 mg of 916 purity Gold Coin).
- Every purchase of diamond jewellery worth INR 20,000 and above (free 150 mg of 916 purity Gold Coin).
- Additionally, customers can avail 5% instant discount on ICICI bank credit cards.
(This offer is valid for purchases made between – 12th Oct 2022 till 31st Oct 2022.)
P.C. Chandra Jewellers
The Dhanteras Dhanvarsha deals for 2022 have been revealed by P.C. Chandra Jewellers. The jeweller’s exclusive online offerings include:
- 25% discount on making charges for all jewellery.
- 12% discount on the value of diamonds and astrological stones
- INR 125 off per gram of gold jewellery
The above offers are valid from 14th October 2022 to 23rd October 2022.
Explore Relevant Pages
- Physical Gold Vs Sovereign Gold – Which is Better to Invest
- What is Gold ETF – Who should Invest?
- Physical Gold Vs Gold ETF – Which is Better Investment