Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund launching a new Fund : Kotak Healthcare Fund
Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund is launching a NFO, Kotak Healthcare Fund , that invests across the healthcare sector in India.
The New Fund Offer (NFO) period for the Kotak Healthcare Fund is from November 20th 2023 to December 4th 2022.
Kotak Healthcare Fund aims to generate long term returns through investing in equity and equity related securities of companies benefitting directly or indirectly in pharma, healthcare and allied sectors.
Kotak Healthcare Fund NFO Details
|Kotak Healthcare Fund||Details|
|NFO Opening Date||20th November, 2023|
|NFO Closing Date||4th December, 2023|
|Type of Fund||Sectoral/ Thematic|
|Fund Manager||Ms.Shibani Sircar Kurian , Mr.Dhananjay Tikariha, Mr.Abhishek Bisen, Mr. Arjun Khanna|
|Minimum Investment Amount||INR 5000|
|Additional Investment Amount||INR 1000|
|Exit Load||1% (If redeem within 30 days of allotment), Nil after 30 days of allotment|
|Benchmark||Nifty Healthcare Index|
|Plans and Options||Direct Plan and Regular Plan|
Growth and Income Distribution cum capital withdrawal (IDCW) (Payout
Ms Shibani Sircar Kurian will be the fund manager for equity investment of the scheme with Mr. Dhananjay Tikariha as co-fund manager. Mr Abhishek Bisen will be the fund manager for debt investment and Mr. Arjun Khanna will be dedicated fund manager for foreign securities investment.
Who Can Invest?
- Resident Indian Adult Individuals, parents or Lawful guardians on behalf of Minors and companies registered in India are eligible to invest in Kotak Healthcare Fund .
- It is an open-ended equity scheme that invests in the healthcare sector stocks.
- The fund aims to track the Healthcare Index closely.
- Since the fund invests across stocks belonging to the healthcare sector in India, it is classified as a very high-risk investment. Thus, it is aimed at investors seeking long-term wealth creation by taking exposure to the sector/ theme.
- Investors seeking exposure to the healthcare sector can consider the scheme. However, it is necessary to have a long-term investment horizon (5+ years).
Popular Funds by Kotak Mahindra Mutual Funds
- Kotak Emerging Equity Regular Growth Fund
- Kotak Small Cap Regular Growth Fund
- Kotak Multicap Regular Growth Fund
- Kotak Equity Opportunities Regular Growth Fund
- Kotak Flexicap Regular Growth Fund
Kotak Healthcare Fund invests in the same stocks as the Nifty Healthcare Index. The following is the indicative asset allocation of the fund.
|Types of Instruments||Indicative Allocation Minimum||Indicative Allocation Maximum||Risk Profile|
|Equity and Equity Related Securities engaged in Pharma, healthcare & allied sectors||80%||100%||Very High|
|Other Equity and Equity Related Securities of|
|Overseas Mutual Funds schemes / ETFs / Foreign|
|Debt and Money Market Securities#*||0%||20%||Low to Moderate|
|Units of REITs & InvITs||0%||10%||Very High|
Frequently Asked Questions
The New Fund Offer (NFO) period for the DSP Banking and Financial Services Fund opening date is from 20th Nov 2023 and will get close on 4th December 2023. The scheme re-opens for continuous repurchases and sale after 5 business days from the date of allotment.
You can invest in the Kotak Healthcare Fund NFO through any of the following methods:
Offline: By filling out the Kotak Health Care NFO application and submitting it along with all documents and cheques to the nearest Investor Service Center of CAMS or Kotak Mahindra mutual fund office.
1. Katak Mahindra Mutual Fund Website
2. Online FinTech platforms and mutual fund platforms
3. Through demat account
4. Through a mutual fund distributor or agent
It is classified as a very high-risk investment according to riskometer. Kotak Healthcare Fund is a pure equity mutual fund that invests in stocks across the healthcare sector. Therefore, investors must be mindful of the risk associated with thematic/sector-focused investments.