Scripbox Long Term (Equity Funds) Portfolio
At Scripbox, we believe the following is the right path for long term inflation-beating returns for investors:
- For the long term (greater than a 5-year horizon), investing in the Indian stock markets is the wise thing to do.
- Overall returns are expected to be better than alternative investment options,
- provides daily liquidity and
- it is also tax efficient.
- Equity Mutual Funds are an efficient way to invest in the Indian stock markets
- Using algorithms, we can choose the best available set of funds, based on data
Our algorithms focus on the following, in addition to various other factors. Selection is done based on rigorous data analysis:
- Funds having a long track record (over 5 years) for equity.
- Consistent track record of performance and doing better than the market
- Have a reasonable size and scale
The funds in the portfolio over the past years have a long track record of providing inflation-beating returns and market-beating returns. These are seasoned funds, which have been around for several years and with consistent performance over the recent years and the years prior to those.
Scripbox Short Term (Debt Funds) Portfolio
The objective of the Scripbox portfolio of Debt funds is to select a portfolio of debt funds that have a consistent track record of performing better than CCIL Broad TRI Index and therefore expected to do better than the Fixed Deposit rates.
Data as on 15 April 2020
Our aim is to select funds with a consistent track record of performing well and there will be no compromise on the process. Equity markets by their very nature are volatile and unpredictable, but having a consistent approach is important for long term wealth creation.
Our portfolio construction is also such that the investor have an optimal mix of large and midcaps. Investing in funds with a great track record and a good mix and large and midcap should do well for investors.
Portfolio construction is not too different from selecting a cricket team. Look at the track record of the players, little bit more focus on recent track record, optimal mix of players with different styles and then let them play the series. Repeat the process at regular time intervals.