Karntaka Bank FD Calculator
With the Karnataka Bank FD Calculator, you can calculate the maturity amount for a fixed deposit in the Karnataka Bank. The FD Calculator estimates the amount you will get once the FD matures. You need to input the following information, investment amount, tenure and compounding period to determine the Karnataka Bank FD interest and maturity amount.
Explore our other calculators
Enter the description here…
Find out how much your tax-saving investments will grow if you invested in ELSS funds
Calculate the maturity amount and interest earned on your SSY investment.
Calculate the returns and growth from your Mutual Fund Lumpsum investments
Calculate the maturity amount and the interest earned on your NSC Investments.
The Calculator helps in determining the Retirement Corpus.
Karnataka Bank Fixed Deposit Features
Karnataka Bank Fixed Deposit offers investors high interest rates at minimum risk. Following are some of the key features of a Karnataka Bank fixed deposit account:
Guaranteed Returns: Karnataka Bank fixed deposit schemes offer guaranteed income at a fixed interest rate.
Tenure: The tenure of Karnataka Bank FDs ranges from seven days to ten years.
Minimum Amount: The minimum amount to open a Karnataka Bank FD account is INR 100.
Maximum Amount: There is no limit on the maximum amount of investment in Karnataka Bank FD. However, for Karnataka Bank Tax Planner FD, the maximum investment is limited to INR 1.5 lakhs.
Karnataka Bank FD rates: The Karnataka Bank fixed deposit interest rate ranges between 5.25% to 6.80% p.a.
Senior Citizens FD Rate: Karnataka Bank offers preferential interest rates for senior citizen depositors. The Karnataka Bank FD rates range between 5.25% to 6.80%.
Safety: The Deposit Insurance Scheme insures the Karnataka Bank deposits up to INR 5,00,000.
Loan against FD: Karnataka Bank provides its depositors with a facility to avail a loan against their FDs. A loan against the FD not only allows investors to meet their financial gaps and but also helps in meeting liquidity requirements without breaking Karnataka Bank FD. The terms of the loan as per Karnataka Bank norms.
Nomination Facility: Karnataka Bank depositors can nominate beneficiaries while opening the FD account.
Auto-Renewal: Karnataka Bank offers an auto-renewal facility of the fixed deposit account.
What is a Karnataka Bank FD Calculator?
Karnataka Bank FD Calculator is a simple online tool that helps in estimating the returns from an FD investment. The FD calculator only requires simple inputs like target amount, investment amount, investment duration in years and interest rate. The output Karnataka Bank FD calculator provides aids in better financial planning.
However, one must understand that the Karnataka Bank FD Calculator only provides an estimation and doesn’t guarantee any returns. The actual return might vary, and the exact maturity amount will be known only after one invested in Karnataka Bank FD.
How to use the Karnataka Bank FD Calculator?
Estimating potential returns is the first step towards taking proper financial goal planning. Also, knowing the probable returns and return percentage will clarify how much one can expect at the end of their investment tenure. There are two ways one can estimate the returns from FD investment using Scripbox Karnataka Bank FD Calculator: investment amount approach and target amount approach.
Investment Amount Approach
Following are steps that you can follow to use the Karnataka Bank FD Calculator using the Investment Amount Approach:
- Firstly, enter the investment amount that you intend to invest in the Karnataka Bank FD scheme.
- Now, with the slider, adjust the desired tenure of the Karnataka Bank FD investment. For Karnataka Bank FD, the tenure usually varies from one to five years.
- Then, use the slider to adjust the interest rate on the Karnataka Bank FD.
- Next, select the compounding period for the Karnataka Bank fixed deposit investment. Choose the desired compounding option: monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly. Compounding frequency determines the number of times interest gets compounded in a year. Therefore, the interest amount is determined based on this frequency. As a result, one should be careful while choosing the compounding intervals.
- Finally, select the appropriate option under the senior citizen’s section as the interest rates are often higher for senior citizen depositors.
After all the inputs are entered, the Karnataka Bank FD calculator automatically computes the interest and maturity amount. Also, in the tabular format, the Karnataka Bank FD calculator shows the interest earned every year along with the yearly opening and closing balance. Alternatively, the graphical representation shows the growth of Karnataka bank FD investment over time (initial investment and maturity amount).
Target Amount Approach
The target amount approach helps in estimating the amount that one should invest today to achieve their target amount on maturity from the Karnataka Bank FD investment. Following are the steps that one needs to follow to use the Karnataka Bank FD Calculator using the Target Amount Approach:
- Firstly, select how you want to receive the interest from Karnataka Bank FD, as a regular income or in a lump sum.
- Secondly, enter the target amount you want to receive from the Karnataka Bank FD investment.
- Lastly, enter the duration, interest rate and compounding frequency that the Karnataka Bank FD offers. Also, select the appropriate option under the senior citizen section as the interest rates are often higher for senior citizen depositors.
The Karnataka Bank FD calculator estimates the investment amount needed to achieve the target and estimates the interest one might earn. Moreover, the Karnataka Bank FD Calculator shows a tabular representation of opening balance, interest earned and closing balance for each year.
Benefits of using Karnataka Bank FD Calculator
Following are the benefits of using Karnataka Bank FD calculator:
- The Karnataka Bank FD interest rates calculator helps in estimating the returns fast and as well as making informed investment decisions.
- The interest amount from Karnataka Bank FD investment is affected by tenure, interest rate, compounding frequency, and investment amount. Therefore, one can use the Karnataka Bank FD calculator multiple times to see which factor affects returns the most and also compare the results.
- There are multiple fixed deposits with varying interest rates in the market that banks and NBFCs offer. Using the Karnataka Bank FD calculator, one can compare the maturity amount of different banks and NBFCs.
- Using Scripbox’s Karnataka Bank FD Calculator, one can compare results with the returns from other investments as well. This helps in shortlisting the best suitable investment option for financial goals. For example, an investor who wants to compare the Karnataka Bank FD investment results with PPF can use the Scripbox PPF Calculator and Karnataka Bank FD Calculator.
- The Scripbox Karnataka Bank FD calculator has two approaches, namely, the investment and target amount approach. Individuals who know the amount they wish to can choose the investment amount approach. While investors who know have a target amount that they wish to accumulate can use the target amount approach on the Karnataka Bank FD calculator.
- The Karnataka Bank FD calculator provides results in graphical and tabular format. These representations clearly show the opening balance, interest earned, and closing balance for each year during the entire Karnataka Bank FD investment tenure. Hence investors can know how much balance is left in their Karnataka Bank FD after every interest payout.
How is Karnataka Bank FD Interest Calculated?
The interest amount from Karnataka Bank FD investment depends on a number of factors such as investment amount, tenure of the FD, compounding frequency, and the rate of interest. One can estimate the interest earned from Karnataka Bank FD using two methods, namely, simple interest and compound interest. Let us understand the calculation of interest and maturity amount using both methods with the help of an example.
Simple Interest on Fixed Deposit
The income that one earns for investing money for a predetermined period at a fixed interest rate is simple interest.
Simple Interest = (P * R * T)/ 100
P- Initial Investment
R- Interest rate of Karnataka Bank FD (%)
T- Tenure of the Karnataka Bank FD
Mr Dev wants to invest INR 30,000 for 5 years at an interest rate of 5.5% per annum.
For Mr Dev, the principal amount (P) is INR 30,000, rate of interest (R) is 5.5%, and tenure (T) is 5 years.
Simple Interest = (INR 30,000 * 5.5 * 5 years)/ 100 = INR 8,250
Maturity Value = Investment + Simple Interest earned during the tenure of investment
= INR 30,000 + INR 8,250
= INR 38,250
Compound Interest on Fixed Deposit
The income that the investor earns on the investment amount and interest accumulated so far is compound interest. In other words, one can earn interest on interest through the power of compounding. Investors can earn more interest income from an investment when the investment duration is longer. Also, with more compounding periods, the interest income will be higher. Hence compound interest will help accumulate more wealth.
A = P (1+r/n) ^ (n * t)
A = Value of investment at maturity
P = Principal amount
r = Rate of interest (in decimals)
n = number of times interest is compounded
t = tenure in years
Mr Dev wants to invest INR 30,000 for five years at an interest rate of 5.5% per annum, compounded quarterly.
For Mr Dev, the principal amount (P) is INR 30,000, rate of interest (r) is 5.5%, tenure (t) is five years, and the number of compounding periods is 4 (n)
Maturity Amount = 30,000 (1+0.055/4) ^ (4*5)
A (maturity amount) = INR 39,421.99
Interest income = INR 39,421.99 – INR 30,000 = INR 9,421.99
Frequently Asked Questions
The Karnataka Bank fixed deposit interest rate ranges between 3.4% to 5.7% p.a. Also, Karnataka Bank offers preferential interest rates for senior citizen depositors, and they range between 3.9% to 6.95%.
The highest FD rate for Karnataka Bank is 5.7% for a regular investor for the tenure of 5 years to 10 years. Also, for senior citizens, the highest Karnataka Bank FD interest rate is 6.95% for a tenure of 2-5 years.
The Deposit Insurance Scheme insures the Karnataka Bank deposits up to INR 5,00,000. Hence Karnataka Bank fixed deposits are considered safe.
Karnataka Bank provides its depositors with a facility to avail a loan against their FDs. A loan against the FD not only allows investors to meet their financial gaps but also helps in meeting liquidity requirements without breaking Karnataka Bank FD. The terms of the loan as per Karnataka Bank norms.
Karnataka Bank allows its investors to withdraw the deposit amount prematurely. For deposits below INR 2 crore, the bank doesn’t charge any penalty. For deposits above INR 2 crore, the penalty is 1% on the contracted interest rate. Also, for tax saving deposits, Karnataka Bank doesn’t allow any premature withdrawals.