I am the nominee for a Scripbox customer who passed away recently. How can I claim the funds in their account?
Please contact us and we will assist you in claiming the amount. Once we are being notified for your loss, we will block & suspend all the upcoming investments in the customer’s account.
You need to create an Scripbox account so that the claiming process would be much more simpler for you. For creating the account with Scripbox, you will need the following documents:
- For bank account details (like account number, IFSC code, the Name of the customer as per bank, Bank’s name). We will do the online verification of the bank. In case if the online verification fails, we will need your bank cheque with your name printed on it. Alternately, you can upload a detailed bank statement (with your name and account details clearly mentioned on the page ) of the same bank account which you have provided while you were creating your Scripbox account.
- Documents required for the KYC registration.
After creating the account with Scripbox, please contact us and we will assist you in claiming the amount. We would require the following documents from you:
- Notarized photocopies of the deceased customer’s death certificate and customer’s PAN card – we need the same number of notarized copies as the number of mutual funds that the customer has invested in. We can advise you how many notarized copies are required.
- Transfer request letter from Nominee stating his/her relationship with the deceased to transfer the amount/folio to his/her account.
- PAN of the Nominee, along with Bank details (bank cheque with your name printed on it. Alternately, you can share a detailed bank statement with your name and account details clearly mentioned on the page of the same bank account which you have provided while you were creating your Scripbox account)
- Signature Verification Letter from the nominee. We will share the format with you.
- There might be additional documents required if any of the mutual fund houses requests for it (we will keep you posted in case if any).
- In case if you wish to withdraw his/her Scripbox funds from each mutual fund company you could let us know so that we could help you with the same.
- Once we receive all these documents, it will take us 4 weeks to process your requests with the mutual fund companies the deceased customer has invested with.