3 Mins

SBI Focused Equity Fund is an open-ended equity scheme that invests in a concentrated portfolio with the goal of providing long-term financial appreciation to investors.
The fund invests a minimum of 65% of its assets in equities and equity-related products across all market capitalizations. The remaining 35% of its assets are in debt and/or money market instruments.

SBI Focused Equity Fund uses the bottom-up approach to stock selection technique to select stocks across market capitalizations and sectors.

Mr R Srinivasan manages the SBI Focused Equity Fund.

The fund has an exit load of 1%, if redeemed within 1 year from the date of allotment. For withdrawals after 1 year, there is no exit load.

SBI Focused Equity Fund Details

Fund NameSBI Focused Equity Fund
AUM₹23,542 Cr
TypeOpen-Ended
CategoryEquity: Flexicap
Risk-o-MeterVery High
BenchmarkS&P BSE 500
Investment HorizonLong Term – 5+ Years
Minimum Lumpsum Investment₹5,000
Minimum Additional Investment₹1,000
Minimum Systematic Investment₹500

SBI Focused Equity Fund Performance

Rolling Returns

Rolling ReturnsFundBenchmark
1-Year42.98%30.11%
3-Year23.87%17.87%
5-Year21.48%16.62%

Note: As of 31st December 2021

Point-To-Point Returns

Point-to-Point ReturnsFundBenchmarkCategory Average
1-Year23.67%18.67%18.57%
3-Year19.09%18.45%15.91%
5-Year17.18%17.18%13.17%

Note: As of 17th March 2022

SBI Focused Equity Fund Portfolio Performance

Asset Allocation as per Market Capitalization

Asset Allocation as per Market CapitalizationWeightage
Giant42.08%
Large-Cap24.76%
Mid-Cap33.15%
Small-Cap0.00%
Tiny0.00%

Asset Allocation as per Asset Type

Asset Allocation as per Asset Type (Equity vs Debt)Weightage
Equity90.80%
Cash & Cash Equivalents9.20%

Should You Invest in SBI Focused Equity Fund?

SBI Focused Equity Fund is a flexi cap fund that dynamically invests across large, mid and small cap companies. Since these funds invest across different market caps, their portfolio is well diversified. Furthermore, the risk levels are comparatively lower than pure mid cap or small cap schemes.

As the scheme heavily invests in equities, it is advisable to have a long-term investment approach. Thus, it is preferable for long term goals such as kids’ education, retirement, etc. The portfolio allocation between large, mid and small-cap offers good diversification. Therefore, if you are seeking to invest in a well-diversified equity portfolio for long term wealth creation, you may consider investing in SBI Focused Equity Fund.

Discover More