Change of name for your mutual fund investments requires 3 separate things to be done:
- Change of name in your KYC
- Change of name with all of the mutual fund companies where you have invested
- Change of bank account holder name with all of the mutual fund companies where you have invested
We will assist you with all of the above. Please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Apply for change of name in your PAN card (you can do it online here)
Step 2: Once you receive your new PAN card, change the name in your bank account(s). Your bank will let you
know the process for that.
Step 3: Send us an e-mail with scanned copies of your new PAN card and a cancelled cheque/ statement of your new bank account.
Step 4: We will create and send you a set of documents that you need to sign and send us.
- a name change letter for mutual fund companies
- a KYC change form
- a template for an affidavit which needs to be obtained from a notary
- copies of your PAN & cheque for self-attestation
Step 5: Sign and send us all of the documents
Step 6: complete a video selfie for us to sign off on your KYC
Step 7: We will submit these to all the AMCs. For your convenience we have agreed with the AMCs that you don't need to send multiple copies.
Step 8: We will inform you once the changes are done. You will also receive communication from each mutual fund separately. This takes about 10 calendar days.
Note: depending on whether or not your name in your bank account needs a change, the steps above could change.